Scientist Pharmaceutics (temporary position) at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our CMC department is currently looking for a Scientist Pharmaceutics (Full-time) to join our team. This position is a temporary maternity leave replacement for 6 months, preferably starting mid- April.
The CMC department has a central role within the ProQR Therapeutics organization. The CMC Department develops, manufactures and characterizes oligonucleotides and therapeutic formulations for research, clinical development and commercialization. The Pharmaceutics team is part of the CMC team and is responsible for formulation development, pharmaceutics support of GLP toxicology and clinical studies, and supports the (GMP) drug product manufacturing. The Pharmaceutics team is looking for a scientist for a temporary maternity replacement. This temporary position provides an excellent opportunity for a professional with a recently obtained PhD to get biotech experience and learn more about CMC and Pharmaceutics activities.
Location: Leiden (The Netherlands)
We expect our Scientist Pharmaceutics to have:
• an advanced degree (PhD) in the field of (bio)pharmaceutics, life sciences and technology, biomedical sciences or similar
• affinity for formulation development
• a track record showing good writing skills
• experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
• knowledge of international guidelines and regulations in the field of pharmaceutics is a pre (FDA, ICH, and GCP)
• Timely design and execution of pharmaceutics experiments for early and late stage programs including:
- Formulation development
- Stress studies
- In use stability and compatibility
• Interpretation of results and (oral) reporting of results to CMC team (members)
• Writing of reports that can be used in regulatory submissions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time/project management skills including the ability to function effectively in a team environment
• Pro-active attitude
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with competitive benefits, including an annual performance bonus, stock options and flexible working arrangements. The salary and terms of employment will be discussed in detail at an appropriate stage of company interview.
In hiring new ProQRians, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture.
Please apply as soon as possible but before March 3rd 2020, if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.