Director Operations at HAL Allergy
HAL Allergy is looking for a Director Operations & Supply Chain Management. As a member of the management team, you will be responsible for daily operations at the manufacturing site of HAL Allergy in Leiden. The team in your area consists of 4 direct reports and approx. 60 employees. You will be working closely with the International Sales, Quality and R&D units ensuring that the productivity objectives to fulfil the market needs are met.
Given a positive development of the job fulfilment, you will have the opportunity to develop to the Chief Operations Officer in a 3-4 years' time frame.
Responsible for all manufacturing and supply chain activities within the company. Ensures that the products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Manage effectively the day-to-day manufacturing operations, including supply chain, engineering and maintenance and coordinate corrective actions or proactive improvements as required.
- Achieve the production forecast and continuously strives to improve the production efficiency and cost of goods.
- Transport the value chain from R&D and Quality into operational planning and execution.
- Responsible for the successful coordination and execution of new product launches in the markets.
- Identify capital expenditures and manage the infrastructural projects within time and budget.
- Supervise projects and direct project leaders to meet the agreed deliverables in the milestone planning.
- Monitor stock levels, key process parameters and performance indicators to generate accurate insights leading to appropriate action.
- Ensure that people and processes comply with SOPs and applicable law and regulations.
- Recruit/attract qualified, knowledgeable colleagues and coaches them to reach their performance goals.
- Develop and maintain training programs.
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Academic degree (MBA, PhD); degree in Life Science or other related field preferred.
- At least 7 years prior experience within the international/pharmaceutical industry (biotechnology).
- More than 3 years leadership experience required.
- Sound knowledge of GMP regulations and quality directives. Experience with FDA processes and producing for the US market a plus.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Strong team player able to solve problems adequately.
- Customer focused, goal driven and innovative.
- Proven leadership, influencing and communication abilities coupled with the ability to work proactively within a flexible and change-focused business.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is a prerequisite, German as an addition.