Skin Microbiome Product Manager at BaseClear
DO YOU HAVE THE DNA THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
The more we uncover about the microbiome and microbial world, the more we realise there’s much more to discover. We are on the verge of truly understanding the role of the microbiome in health, disease, nutrition, and even in solutions for greener agriculture. BaseClear is actively cooperating with other experts in the field looking for ways to characterise, if not alter, the microbiome for a wide range of applications. As a part of our mission in accelerating the understanding and use of microorganisms for a more sustainable, safer and healthier future, one of our goals at BaseClear is to become a leading partner in microbiome research.
Over the last 26 years we have built up experience and increasingly strong expertise in microbial genomics. BaseClear offers a complete range of microbial genomics services including: metagenomics, microbiome analysis and microbial strain characterisation for regulatory approval. We are the preferred partner for many leading brands in various industries such as pharma, cosmetics, food industry and animal health in The Netherlands, in Europe and beyond. We currently have approximately 65 employees and are proudly located in the heart of the Leiden Bio Science Park, the leading biomedical hotspot in Europe.
For our growing product development department we are looking for candidates for the position of:
Skin Microbiome Product Manager (1,0 FTE)
For the product development department we are looking for an additional product manager microbiome who will be responsible for the development of new products and services in the field of microbiome analysis. BaseClear’s primary focus will be on clinical microbiome analyses. You work closely together with the other product managers and the other colleagues of the product development team.
- Responsible for the development of new products and services within current and new product lines, related to microbiome research and host-microbiome interactions.
- Follow and keep informed of developments in the field and actively respond and contribute to these.
- Responsible for quality control, enforcement and improvement of current products and services
- Communication with external and internal customers before, during and after projects. Regularly visiting and proactively contacting customers is essential.
- Supervision of national and international research projects.
- Product outreach by presentations at conferences and expert meetings, publications, etc.
- Provide support with budgeting and actively contribute to cost control.
The product manager is supervised by the head of product development and works closely with other departments within BaseClear to achieve the above goals.
- We are looking for a result-oriented, enthusiastic and ambitious candidate with an international reputation in microbiome research. Experience in the skin microbiome domain is considered an advantage.
- Commercial thinking, you are a candidate who thinks in solutions instead of questions.
- Good communication skills in the English language is required; in the Dutch language is considered an advantage.
- PhD in a microbiology / microbiome related subject.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and driven candidate with a “can-do” mentality who has the ability to work accurately and result-oriented under pressure of deadlines.
We offer a challenging full-time (40-hour) position in a growing high-tech company, where you would work in a team and with a high degree of independence. The appointment is for a definitive period (12 months), with the possibility to extend into an indefinite period if the results are desirable. Salary is based on age and experience with a comprehensive benefits package.
More information about the above position can be obtained from Walter Pirovano, Director Product Development, via telephone number +31 71 523 3917.
Please send your motivation and curriculum vitae, quoting vacancy number 2020-PM02, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: June 15 2020
Acquisition for this vacancy is not app