Statistician at ProQR Therapeutics
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Research & Development department is currently looking for a Statistician (Full-time) to join our team. In this position you will be reporting to the VP, Clinical & Development Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-funded biotech company that has attracted a world-class management team where you will be responsible for directing all aspects of the design of clinical studies, helping with implementation of clinical trials, and preparation of reports relating to clinical trial outcomes.
In this statistical leadership role, you will:
• Provide statistical leadership in the design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of studies.
• Provide input into clinical development plans and regulatory strategies.
• Work with external programming team to implement statistical analysis plan
• Oversee any Statistical vendors and consultants and build and maintain effective strategic working relationships.
• Identify opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design
• Identify and apply novel statistical methodologies to complex problems
• Perform ad hoc and exploratory data analyses
• Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
Location: Leiden, NL, Cambridge, MA or Remote
We expect our Statistician to have:
• An advanced degree PhD/MD in statistics or biostatistics with 10-15 years experience in areas relating to clinical development including working across study phases and interactions with regulatory agencies.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
• Patient-oriented attitude
• Being able to work in a fast pace environment
• Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
• A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• 8% holiday allowance
• 30 vacation days
• An annual performance bonus
• Stock options
• A premium-free pension plan
• A commuting allowance
• A subsidized staff restaurant
• Flexible working arrangements
• Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
• Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.