Financial Accountant at Pharming Group
Pharming Group N.V. is an innovative pharmaceutical company listed on Euronext Amsterdam with a market capitalization of €800 million. Due to the continued growth of the company, the Finance department is seeking a Financial Accountant to strengthen the Finance team. Pharming is engaged in the research, development, manufacture and sale of specialist biologic therapies for rare diseases and unmet medical needs. Pharming has one product on the market, which is also in development for several large indications, and two other products entering clinical development in the next 18 months.
The Financial Accountant will support the VP Accounting in the financial consolidation, the maintenance of the global transfer pricing system, the periodic reporting to governmental agencies, and advising the internal organisation on IFRS accounting and reporting.
This role will partner mainly with Financial Administration, Business Control, external Auditors and Advisors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Periodic consolidating the financial reports of Pharming Group N.V. and its subsidiaries.
- Accounting for equity transactions and updating related specifications.
- Preparation of periodic reporting to governmental bodies.
- Maintenance of transfer pricing system including yearly updates of master and local transfer pricing reports.
- Preparation of supporting reconciliations and specifications for tax accounting and for tax returns.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Report, IFRS Financial Statements and other related matters such as press releases and prospectus.
- Contribute to the preparation of position papers for accounting matters and valuation.
- Master degree, preferably in Auditing, Accounting or in a comparable study. Ideally in combination with professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, RC)
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience
- Experience working within a technical accounting role or financial reporting function.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry will be an advantage
- Ability to build sustainable relations
- Effective verbal and written communicator (both English and Dutch languages)
- Strong accounting and consolidation skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Strong knowledge of IFRS (preferably IFRS 2, IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16)