All-round Financial Accountant at Pharvaris
Pharvaris - a clinical-stage company focused on bringing an oral bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist to patients - is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and all-round Financial Accountant to join and help drive financial processes and services to the group. We will start the relationship with a one-year contract with the intention to renew or convert to permanent.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing the general ledger accounting, leading month-end close and facilitating internal and external audits. In addition, you will perform accounting reviews and collaborate with HR to ensure timely and accurate monthly payroll in multiple countries. The Financial Accountant works closely with all areas of Finance to ensure accurate and timely reporting across our operations.
This position is within a highly collaborative and dynamic department that strives to achieve high quality and in-depth financial services to the group. This role is based in the heart of biotech in Leiden, The Netherlands, and reports to the Finance Director. We offer a great working environment, dedicated and driven co-workers, short lines of communications and an attractive compensation package.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Recording routine transactions.
- Manage the general ledger accounting activities by ensuring accuracy and timeliness of cut off, journal entry postings, reconciliations, and month-end close activities.
- Preparing payments and accounts payable bookings, disbursements, and cash flow requirement forecasts.
- Collaborate with HR and external payroll providers to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and submission of social security and payroll tax returns.
- Facilitate internal and external audits, including but not limited to statutory, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
- Identify and properly record audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP.
- Perform internal control validations to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Partner with service providers to secure accurate and timely completion and overall tax compliance for VAT, and any other country specific local tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an international organization.
- A working knowledge of Accounting, and VAT, IFRS, Dutch, Swiss and US GAAP.
- Affinity with Exact On-line and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in business English (absolute must)
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
- Result oriented attitude and can-do mentality.
- Clear and intelligent communicator
- Open-minded and creative problem solver who is punctual, takes ownership for your work, able to deal with competing priorities and challenges yourself.
If you are interested to be part of a great and dedicated team at Pharvaris, please send your full resume and application letter to our HR department, email@example.com. If you need in-depth information about the role of Financial Accountant, Anna Nijdam, MSc, RA, and Finance Director at Pharvaris is happy to answer your questions. Please email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org