Research Associate Analytical Development at Pharming Group
Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative therapeutics for the treatment of genetic disorders. The company is poised for further scientific, technological and new product development and additional commercial roll-outs.
The company is small (approx. 200 employees, based internationally) and growing quickly. We are currently looking for a Research Associate Analytical Development to join our team.
About the role:
The research associate develops analytical methods and qualifies them, if necessary, according to appropriate guidelines (e.g. ICH, EudraLex). The research associate performs characterization studies and/or stability studies of (new) products. Furthermore, the research associate can perform analyses for troubleshooting and (continuous) improvement of routine methods at the request of other departments. The research associate independently plans his/her experiments and provides good documentation of the results.
Areas of responsibilities:
- To develop, qualify and perform analytical methods
- To characterize (new) products, using appropriate characterization methods
- To document his/her experiments in a precise and accurate way according to Pharming’s quality system
- To write and update standard operating procedures, protocols and reports
- To plan own tasks by independently designing experiments and setting priorities
- To troubleshoot, improve and train others in (routine) analytical methods
Required skills & qualifications in order to be successful in this role:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in relevant field such as life sciences, biotechnology or a related discipline
- Hands-on experience with analytical methods for (protein) analysis and characterization (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, ligand binding assays, SDS, mass spectrometry
- Good knowledge of English language, both in word and writing.
- Hands-on mentality