Scientist at Eurofins PROXY Laboratories
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Business Unit Eurofins PROXY is a GMP Quality Control laboratory, where analytical chemical testing of raw materials, drug substances and drug products is performed. A large part of this work comprises routine compendial testing. However for new products, formulations or monographs clients require development or validation of analytical methods.
As a scientist you will be responsible for the analytical methods of new and adjusted pharmaceutical formulations. These (re)developed and optimised methods will be transferred to the Quality Control laboratory of our organization. Accurate documentation compliant to GMP guidelines will be an integral part of your work.
- PhD, an MSc with 3 years, or a BSc degree with 5 of working experience in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or organic chemistry.
- Working experience in development and validation of analytical methods, preferably in a biotech/biopharma company.
- Independent, thorough and able to perform under pressure
- Good command of the English language, and at least a basic understanding of Dutch
PROXY and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
This position is based at Business Unit Eurofins PROXY (part of Eurofins PROXY Laboratories B.V.) on the Bio Science Park in Leiden. We highly value our strong team spirit and encourage collaboration between colleagues.
Business Unit Eurofins PROXY offers a wide range of personal and professional possibilities:
- A responsible and challenging position within the team;
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
- Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Good salary and benefits.
Working at Business Unit Eurofins PROXY offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
- Plenty of opportunities for growth;
- Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group ;
- A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our the Human Resources Department at 071 524 40 80.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.