(Senior) Scientist Assay Dev and Validation at CellPoint
Engineering immune T cells from cancer patients using Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) are a great invention from the last decade, eradicating tumors and providing durable remissions. However, first generation CAR-T therapies require shipment of cryopreserved cells to large factories and labor-intensive manual processing, as designed in the ‘90s. It takes months, while patients can not wait due to cancer progression. It also takes 300,000 EUR per treatment, limiting wide patient access.
At CellPoint, we designed an unconventional CAR-T manufacturing and supply model using 2020 technology to provide affordable and available treatments for cancer patients in need.
About the role
As (Senior) Scientist you will lead our assay development and validation work at our laboratories at the Leiden Bio Science Park. You will develop and implement assays (such as flow cytometry, qPCR and ELISA) for the characterization and release of our CAR-T products, and make sure these are qualified or validated according relevant guidelines. Furthermore, you will be instrumental in development of the lab operations and quality system. By doing so, you are contributing directly to the initial treatment of cancer patients, and the generation of data to make these CAR-Ts widely available.
We are a young and fast-growing company. New team members have the opportunity to actively shape their position and contribute to our mission, being part of a very motivated and multidisciplinary team.
· Master or PhD in life sciences, biotechnology, or related discipline.
· Experience with molecular and/or cellular immunological assay development.
· Experience with assay qualification and validation, both in experimental execution as in documenting the plan and results.
· Ability to design, analyze and present results through protocols-reports, and presentations.
· Result-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality and compliance.
· Responsibility for own projects while pursuing company goals in open collaboration.
· Experience in a company / GxP setting is desirable.
· Competitive salary.
· Dynamic environment using cutting edge technologies, aiming to surpass the leaders in the field.
· Great culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development.
Get in touch or apply with a CV and short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org