Sample Logistics Assistant at Eurofins Professional Scientific Services B.V.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
PSS Insourcing Solutions (PSS) is an award-winning solution for pharmaceutical companies. At the request of pharmaceutical customers, PSS provides dedicated, qualified and trained Eurofins personnel who work at a customer’s location using customer facilities, equipment, computer systems, SOPs and methods. Our employees work on a predefined project or activities at the customer’s location. PSS employs around 1.700 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands you get about 100 enthusiastic colleagues, spread over five customer locations. We offer you a career with a world leader in the field op lab expertise. At PSS, collegiality, collaboration, customer focus and delivering high-quality work are paramount.
For our location in Leiden we are looking for an enthusiastic Sample Logistics Assistant to join the team.
The sample logistics assistant is responsible for the integrity and maintenance of the sample/reagent inventory at the Clinical Immunology (CI) department which consist of approximately 10 -80oC Freezers and 4 liquid nitrogen vessels. All sample movement actions are performed under GCLP guidelines.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities will be:
- Physical receival of sample shipments and complete associated documentation
- Register the samples into our internal LIMS system at the correct positions
- Register the samples into the system
- Prepare outgoing sample shipments and associated documentation
- Picking of samples for outgoing shipments
- Picking and restorage of requested sample sets for assays
- Inventarize samples from legacy inventory systems
- Sort samples within the inventory to optimize storage capacity
- Inventarize and keep track of consumable and reagent stocks
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment and knowledge of GCLP is preferred
- Good command of English (Spoken/written)
- Independent worker
- Accurate, and attention to detail
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to work non-regular hours (evening and or weekends)
PSS and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
Working at PSS means working with highly motivated people with a can-do mentality. Our people work in an international environment, within an enthusiastic team and for an organization where there is sufficient room to develop further. Working together is extremely important to us and having fun in what you do is part of that! Our monthly team lunches, team activities and the hand out of awards to our colleagues are an example of this. We also offer:
- A responsible and challenging position within the team;
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
- Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Good salary and benefits.
Working at PSS offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
- Plenty of opportunities for growth;
- Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group;
- A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our PSS Manager, Gert-Jan Huisink at
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.