Logistics Specialist at Pharming Group
Pharming Group N.V. develops innovative protein therapeutics for the treatment of genetic disorders. The company is poised for further scientific, technological and new product development and additional commercial roll-outs. The company has its headquarters in Leiden and is growing quickly. As a result of this growth we are currently looking for a Logistics Specialist.
About the role
The logistics specialist identifies and advices logistics solutions and best practices and monitors and analyses the supply chain network involved in the manufacturing and distribution of both current and future Pharming products. The logistics specialist oversees the performance of GDP partners by metrics-, audit- and trend analysis and supports Pharming with the selection and implementation of new solutions, processes and opportunities in order to continuously improve performance, activities, processes and logistical spend.
Areas of responsibilities:
The optimization of the logistical landscape through:
- Execution of center of gravity analysis,
- The development and continuously monitoring of KPI’s,
- The development and maintenance of vendor relations;
- The implementation of GDP carrier and 3PL, 4PL management & selection tools;
- Proactive inclusion and follow up of new product introduction storage and transportation requests in the daily operations;
- Active collaboration in interdepartmental projects that seek or need logistical experience;
- The proposal, validation and implementation of best practices for in- and outbound processes in collaboration with Pharming’s logistical service providers;
- Close collaboration with procurement, sales and other internal stakeholders in the periodic 3PL, 4PL and carrier vendor selection process
- A smooth transition of inventory, clients, processes and information (flows) in case a new 3PL, 4PL partner is to be onboarded.
- Master’s degree in Logistics / Supply chain management
- APICS CLTD certified
- 3-5 years’ experience in network optimization, logistics and export management in a global pharmaceutical, chemical or food manufacturing / distribution environment cation, training and technical skills.