Associate Director Operations at HAL Allergy
The Associate Director Operations is responsible for all manufacturing activities within the company. Ensures that the products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards and cost objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to develop and optimize a lean organization within Manufacturing.
- Close cooperation with cross functional departments like Technical Services, Quality, Planning, Finance to obtain alignment of production (related) activities.
- Collaborate with associates to improve efficiency, productivity and processes.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behavior (e.g. supportive leadership).
- Replaces Director Operations & Supply Chain in absence.
- Manage effectively the day-to-day operations, within Manufacturing and Manufacturing Support.
- Creation and realization of the production plan on a tactical level.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental budget.
- Authorizes batch documentation, GMP protocols, Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs). and Change Controls.
- Maintains high standards of quality within the Manufacturing- & Warehouse department
- Maintains and ensures a reliable product delivery and supply of materials.
- Continuously strives to improve the production efficiency and cost of goods.
- Transport the value chain from R&D, CMO projects and Quality into operational planning and execution and be able to display current industry and technological knowledge to interact with the different stakeholders.
- Identify capital expenditures and manage the infrastructural projects within time and budget.
- Monitor key process parameters and performance indicators to generate accurate insights leading to appropriate action.
- Ensure that people and processes comply with SOPs and applicable law and regulations.
- Recruit/attract qualified, knowledgeable colleagues and coaches them to reach their performance goals.
- Develop and maintain training programs.
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Academic degree (MBA, PhD) in Life Science or other related field preferred.
- At least 7 years prior experience within the international/pharmaceutical industry (biotechnology).
- More than 3 years leadership experience required.
- Sound knowledge of GMP regulations and quality directives. Experience with FDA processes and producing for the US market a plus.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is a prerequisite, German as an addition.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Strong team player able to solve problems adequately.
- Customer focused, goal driven and innovative.
- Proven leadership, influencing and communication abilities coupled with the ability to work proactively within a flexible and change-focused business.
- Hands-on mentality.