Senior Scientist Method Validation and Transfer at Eurofins Professional Scientific Services B.V.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
PSS Insourcing Solutions (PSS) is an award-winning solution for pharmaceutical companies. At the request of pharmaceutical customers, PSS provides dedicated, qualified and trained Eurofins personnel who work at a customer’s location using customer facilities, equipment, computer systems, SOPs and methods. Our employees work on a predefined project or activities at the customer’s location. PSS employs around 1.700 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands you get about 100 enthusiastic colleagues, spread over five customer locations. We offer you a career with a world leader in the field op lab expertise. At PSS, collegiality, collaboration, customer focus and delivering high-quality work are paramount.
For our location in the Leiden we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Scientist specialized in method development and validation. As an expert you are involved in defining scientific validation strategies for the commercialization of vaccines. As a Senior Scientist you have a leading role in creating and defining and implementing validation strategies.
- Contributes to defining scientific strategy for a program/project/technology or department;
- Creates and manages multiple complex research plans that result in the accomplishment of multiple business objectives
- Directs the implementation of template validation plans and reports
- Ensures that all necessary procedures are followed and compliance with local and country guidelines and regulations for successful method validations
- Leads the proper documentation of method validations
- Ph.D. degree with 5-12 years post-doctoral experience in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry. Candidates with an MSc may also be eligible
- Large molecules experience is strongly preferred
- Method development and validation expert within the pharmaceutical environment
- Extensive knowledge of method validation in accordance with ICH and GMP guideliness (late phase)
- Experienced in one or more of the following techniques: cell-based assays, HPLC, gel-electrophoresis, CE, ELISA or other quantitative binding assays and/ or qPCR
- Experience in writing of various scientific protocols, reports and documentation for IND/CTA/BLA/MAA filing is highly preferred
- Excellent Communication and soft skills. Ability to communicate effectively with scientists, management, team members and client contacts
- Good command of speaking and writing of English
Working at PSS means working with highly motivated people with a can-do mentality. Our people work in an international environment, within an enthusiastic team and for an organization where there is sufficient room to develop further. Working together is extremely important to us and having fun in what you do is part of that! Our monthly team lunches, team activities and the hand out of awards to our colleagues are an example of this. We also offer:
- A responsible and challenging position within the team;
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
- Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Good salary and benefits.
Working at PSS offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
- Plenty of opportunities for growth;
- Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group;
- A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our PSS Manager, Gert-Jan Huisink at 06 15 29 27 01.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.