Laboratory Manager - Senior Technician at CellPoint
Laboratory Manager – Senior Technician
Leiden, The Netherlands
Engineering immune T cells from cancer patients using Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) are a great invention from the last decade, eradicating tumors and providing durable remissions. However, first generation CAR-T therapies require shipment of cryopreserved cells to large factories and labor-intensive manual processing, as designed in the ‘90s. It takes months, while patients can not wait due to cancer progression. It also takes 300,000 EUR per treatment, limiting wide patient access.
At CellPoint, we designed an unconventional CAR-T manufacturing and supply model using 2020 technology to provide affordable and available treatments for cancer patients in need.
About the role
As Lab Manager – Senior Technician, you will have a critical role in the day-to-day work and atmosphere in our laboratory, at the Bio Science Park in Leiden. Besides your hands on work in the lab, you will be our main contact point for product ordering, equipment installation & qualification and the training of new team members. You will pro-actively improve the workflow and procedures in our lab to maximize our efficiency and output.
Depending on your laboratory experience and interest you will work on product development and/or assay development. At product development, you will develop and improve state-of-art T cell production processes and will upscale these toward clinical application, using an fully automated bioreactor. In parallel you, will work on product innovation, aiming to further improve current protocols.
For assay development, you will work on the development and execution of assays (such as flow cytometry, qPCR and ELISA) for the characterization and release of our CAR-T products, and make sure these are qualified or validated according relevant guidelines.
By doing so, you are contributing directly to the initial treatment of cancer patients, and the generation of data to make these CAR-Ts widely available.
We are a young and fast-growing company. New team members have the opportunity to actively shape their position and contribute to our mission, being part of a very motivated and multidisciplinary team.
· Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biotechnology, or related discipline
· Experience with product development, both in experimental execution as in documenting the results
· Experience with molecular and/or cellular immunological assay development is desirable
· Ability to analyze and present results using software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
· Result-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality and compliance
· Independent worker in charge of own projects while being a good communicator (also English)
· Experience in a company / GxP setting is desirable
· Competitive salary
· Dynamic environment using cutting edge technologies, aiming to surpass the leaders in the field
· Great culture with strong emphasis on team performance and personal development
Interested? Get in touch or apply with a CV and short motivation to email@example.com