One of the key factors in the development of the sector, is the availability of sufficient and well-trained staff. Leiden Bio Science Park offers several initiatives that help train staff for all aspects of the job:
- The Biotech Training Facility is a state-of-the-art training centre where you can learn how to produce (bio)pharmaceuticals, under GMP and biosafety conditions, in a realistic environment.
- Leiden Univerity free online courses, MOOCs, such as on Clinical kidney and pancreas transplantation
- The teaching program for phd students by the Medical Genetics Center (LUMC, LACDR and Erasmus MC)
- Post-academic continued medical education at Boerhaave CME
- Post graduate training courses at Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden
- Lab technician training at the Center of Bioscience and Diagnostics (the University of Applied Sciences professional training department)
- Courses in fine instrumentation and glassmaking at LiS Academy of the Leiden Instrumentmaker School (in Dutch)