Leyden Academy searches elderly people with a non-Dutch origin for their research

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

In recent years, the Leyden Academy has developed the Life and Vitality Assessment (LAVA) instrument. Built upon the views of older adults and together with seniors, this instrument helps people to find out what is important in their life and how they can enhance their own well-being. Leyden Academy’s next step is to adjust the instrument to benefit older adults with a non-Dutch background. To this end, Leyden Academy would like to engage in a conversation with older adults about how they experience aging.

For this research, Leyden Academy is looking for people aged 55 and older who were born in an EU country other than the Netherlands or North America.

They are interested in how older adults with a non-Dutch origin experience aging. How do they think about the aging process, what are their wishes, needs and which role(s) do they see for themselves in society?

Do you recognize yourself or in this profile?

Then please participate in the group discussion about becoming older on 28 February 2018.
The meeting takes place in Leiden and will take around 2.5 hours. If you participate in the research, you will receive a fee of € 25.00.
The interview will be recorded for research purposes. The data will be treated confidentially and anonymously.

To sign up:

Send an email to Aphra van den Berg.

For more information or questions

please do not hesitate to contact Aphra van den Berg via email or by phone + 31 71 524 0960.

Leyden Academy on Vitality and Aging

Leyden Academy is a knowledge institute conducting research on various topics focussed on vitality and ageing. We find it important to see how the knowledge we gain finds its way into the daily lives of older adults. How can scientific insight be applied in practice and how can we maximise the added value for older adults and for society? To answer this question, we rely on your contribution.

Find the right employees! You can easily upload your vacancies at the My Park section. Please contact the office.