Life science is an important research focus of the research institutes of the Science Faculty of Leiden University and at the LUMC. Such as the Centre of Human Drug Research (CHDR) and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR).
Please find more information on current drug development at Leiden University and the LUMC at the research dossiers Effective drug development, Immunity, Infection and Tolerance and Vascular and Regenerative Medicine.
Leiden Bio Science Park, Leiden University and the LUMC are part of the regionallife science and health consortium Medical Delta. Medical Delta combines the strenght of medical R&D of Leiden, Delft (Technical University) and Rotteram (Erasmus University and Erasmus Medical Center). Find out more of the combined Medical Delta research programs.
State-of-the-art research facilities are available to facilitate research, also as shared facilities. Please find them lower at this page.
Related research themes at Leiden University and LUMC:
- Bioscience: the science base of health
- Brain function and dysfunction over the lifespan
- Health, prevention and the human life cycle
- Translational drug discovery and development
- Vascular and regenerative medicine
LUMC research profiles:
- Immunity, Infection and Tolerance
- Translational Neuroscience
- Cancer Pathogenesis and Therapy
- Innovation in Health Strategy and Quality of Care
- Biomedical Imaging
Leiden Bio Science Park features state-of-the-art open access life science research facilities, such as:
- Cell Observatory
- DNA Markerpoint Facility
- Leiden Metabolomics Facility
- Molecular Imaging Laboratories Leiden
- Brain Imaging (F)MRI
- Natural Products Lab
- Netherlands Centre for Electron Nanoscopy (NeCEN)
- Ultra-high field NMR facility